Ideas & Serving Suggestions
From time to time we all need a little inspiration to try new things or to do things a little differently.
Here you will find some great ideas and suggested uses for our products from our team of experienced Chef's.
Hand made Sausage Rolls by Chef James Maye
For the filling
- 450g/1lb of Sausage meat
- Salt & White Pepper
- A handful of Chopped Parsley
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Pickle or Chutney
Preheat your oven to 200C/400F
Place the Puff Pastry Sheet on a chopping board. Cut out a sheet of pastry to 60x20cm, then into six even rectangles.
Mix the sausage meat with the Parsley in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Divide the sausage meat into six even portions. Roll each portion into a sausage shape.
Spread a teaspoon of pickle along each pastry rectangle, leaving the edges clear. Place a filling sausage across the top of each pastry rectangle. Roll the pastry to enclose the filling. Brush the pastry edges with beaten egg to seal.
Place the sausage rolls on trays lined with silicone or baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden-brown and cooked through.
Chef Maye's alternative solutions
- Use shop brought premium flavoured sausages, instead of sausage meat
- Cut into smaller sizes for buffets
- Top with various seeds, such as sesame seeds once egg washed
- Add inclusions to the sausage meat such as : Chopped Apple, Pistachio nuts, Chopped Onions
- Use Frankfurters instead of sausage meat, spread mustard onto the pastry and add the Frankfurter and bake.
- Top with grated cheese, for the last 10 minutes of bake.
Afternoon Tea by Development Chef Toby Patrick
Britain is famous for its afternoon tea and our busy chefs have created a host of ideas that would compliment the very best establishments currently offering this centuries-old tradition.
LEFT SIDE FIRST WORKING FROM FRONT TO THE BACK.
- Line 1 filo pastry (code 829920) filled with creme patisserie (code 22086) and finished with fresh raspberries.
- Line 2 choux pastry profiterole shell (code 28202) filled with diplomat cream and fresh slices of strawberries.
- Line 3 & 4 opera cake (code 27102) Classic French dessert made with layers of coffee cream and sponge soaked in coffee.
- Line 5 & 6 mini macaroons(code 27227).
- Line 7 is a repeat of line 1.
- Line 8 fruit pipettes 2 flavours of strawberry & basil and mango & passion fruit. Ideal for squeezing over desserts or mini ice creams.
- Line 9 chocolate brownie tray-bake
- Line 10 lemon drizzle tray-bake
- Line 11 berry butter crumble loaf bite
- Line 12 lemon loaf bite
Individual creme brûlée (creme brûlée mix code 22010) filled with fresh raspberries and strawberries.
RIGHT SIDE WORKING FROM FRONT TO THE BACK
- Line 1 mini brioche rolls (code 26019) filled with smoke salmon and lemon and dill infused cream cheese.
- Line 2 mini savoury cocktail buns a Roquefort and walnut bun filled with salt beef, cream cheese and rocket.
- Line 3 filo pastry (code 829920) filled with dill and caper cream and finished with slices of smoke salmon.
- Line 4 black bread sheets (code 26071) layered with pastrami, chargrilled peppers, rocket and cream cheese.
- Line 5 choux pastry roll (code 28202) filled with pastrami and finished with a gherkin and rocket cream cheese.
- Line 6 mini savoury cocktail buns enriched with olive oil and topped with sesame seeds filled with smoke salmon and cream cheese.
- Line 7 savoury pastry shell (code 26248) filled with salt beef and a roasted pepper infused cream.
- Line 8 mini brioche rolls (code 26019) filled with salt beef with cracked black pepper and rocket cream.
- Line 9 repeat of line 3.
- Line 10 repeat of line 4.
- Line 11 just showing empty filo pastry shells (code 829920).